About Great Hill Advisors
Great Hill Advisors is a financial and operational consultant who can serve as your financial manager or advisor. The firm is led by Rick Allen – a deeply-involved manager whom you can speak with on a peer level.
- Extensive track record with private equity, leveraged environments, banks, capital sources, and Boards of Directors.
- COO / CFO / Consultant / Outside Director for both private equity and family owned companies.
- Former business owner with successful high-multiple exit.
- Over 30 years of experience professionalizing companies through strong financial and operating leadership.
Great Hill Advisors
Successful engagements include:
- Member, Board of Advisors and CFO – Early stages of Nation's Best Holdings, an acquisition strategy of hardware and lumber retailers.
- Key topics include strategy presentations, banking search and implementation, management team development, investor relations, due diligence oversight, and support. (Nations Best)
- CFO of Koster Keunen – a global leader in the wax industry for formulating, processing and marketing quality waxes to the personal care, pharmaceutical, and industrial industries.
- Advisor to ownership and CFO of privately-held diversified Holding Company – Providing financial organization advice, CFO development, financial information, and analytical support.
- Due diligence and transaction support on $500 million company sale for Catterton Partners.
- Financial and operating project leadership for a $100 million packaging company. RFE Investment Partners portfolio company.
- Member, Board of Directors for Alex Brands – Private equity portfolio company with trademarks including Alex Toys, Poof, Slinky, Ideal, and others. Lead financial and liquidity committee.
Manufacturer of Process Controls
CFO / Advisor to Family Council
- Lead executive on all internal and external financial matters, while acting as an advisor to the principal owners of the company.
Special Olympics International
Athletic Programs for Intellectually Disabled
Senior Vice President / CFO
- Recruited to serve as CFO of the worldwide organization following several years on the Board of Directors of Special Olympics Connecticut.
- Developed and initiated a turnaround plan for the finance department.
- Followed several years on the Board of Directors of Special Olympics Connecticut
Manufacturer and Distributer of Plastic Bottles and Related Products. $40 million Revenue.
Co-Owner / COO / CFO
- Initially recruited as CFO to bring professional management to the company – later achieved ownership position of a $40 million packaging company by leading the leveraged acquisition from the majority owner.
- Obtained acquisition financing for a management buyout, and later maintained excellent banking relations during workout status.
- Addressed a turnaround situation, stabilized the company, improved profitability, and executed the original business plan to sell the company for high multiples meaningful equity returns.
Nantucket Holding Company
Independent Sponsor and Transaction Advisor
Partner / Independent Sponsor
Successful engagements include:
- Led investment and financial advisory activities for portfolio companies.
- Completed transactions and roles included:
- Sold a minority interest in a technology company to Summit Partners
- Led a $60 million recapitalization of a $175 million revenue beverage distributor
- Served as CEO for a residential alarm consolidation strategy.
London Fog Industries
Apparel Manufacturer and Outlet Store Retailer. Revenues $350 million.
EVP and Member, Board of Directors
- Recruited as a Group Vice President to institute sound business practices for 4 divisions of the $350 million manufacturer/retailer of rainwear, outerwear and sportswear that were generating more than 40% of total company revenues.
- Developed business plans, built new management teams, and implemented inventory and MIS systems.
- Action plans helped grow retail division from 40 to 110 stores, increased licensing and international division revenues 20%, and reduced sportswear division costs by 40%.
Corporate Finance Group
- Manager of New York City Office for leveraged loans and investments, primarily acquisition related.
- Held virtually every professional position in the acquisition lending division-leading to Managing Director – including auditor, loan officer, transaction roles and manager positions.
- Led 25-person group and was responsible for all aspects of generating, closing and monitoring investments totaling $2.5 billion.